Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not Having Precious Moments with my Kids

This my first blog post ever. Probably no one will be there to read this, and that's okay. Right now, I'm watching Bill Cosby on Hardball talking about racial matters. Maybe I'll talk about that stuff later. I'm hardly "qualified", but I always give it a shot.

So, all I wanted to do is leave a comment on Joe My God about my relationship status, and here I am writing to myself. The house is quiet, except for Mr. Cosby and the normal sounds of the neighbourhood. Relationship status: Married. Legally married. One of the 36,000 of us married in California between June and November. But that was the third ceremony. However one wants to quantify it: 10 years, or 5 years or 9 months. Or never. From our first date, I felt married, and that was more than 13 years ago. I knew I wanted to be with Becca. And that was it.

But anyway. 2 kids, 3 - Owen- and 18 months - Amelia. I'm the stay at home. And like most things, it's not all hearts and flowers. It's sometimes the hard slog of tantrums and shitty diapers and "Why Mummy?". All day long.

And today, Becca took them to the zoo, and it's quiet.

My children are amazing. Owen has this way of using a very grown-up "hmmm..." whenever he ponders a question. He also wants to be inside with his footie pajamas every single hour of the day. Maybe he should have a blog. Amelia, who just like her brother walked at 10 months and is now running and diving at certain heights into the dog pillow, is now starting to throw out several new words a day. She has a beautiful raspy voice and looks like a wood nymph.

This week has been hard, and I haven't liked my attitude nor my tactics. Maybe next week, I'll have better luck next week. Hey, the children just came home. I'm better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment