Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather

Friday, March 27, 2009

Funeral for Oakland

I decided to come in from doing yard work to watch a little of the funeral ceremony for the 4 Oakland Police officers shot and killed last week. The pipes are playing. It makes me think that these pipes mourn for the whole city. We feel like the police have taken the brunt of the violence and resentment for the entire city. If a police department is chronically understaffed by as much as 40 percent, public safety and trust will be crushed, and the city will deteriorate.

Fucking Ron Dellums. This is his fault. I can't believe the families let him show his face at this event. It's not like he's been showing up to DO HIS JOB since we elected the bastard.

I'm going to start calling my neighbourhood Wild West Oakland from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment